Diversified Staffing Services, a leading staffing agency in Alberta is currently recruiting a roofing superintendent/ production manager for a large commercial roofing company based out of Calgary.
- Lead work on all commercial sites to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, and safety codes
• Aid with the planning, organizing, direction, control, and evaluation of construction projects onsite from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget
• Assist with the preparation and submission of construction project budget estimates
• Ensure the proper execution of project start-up and construction management process
• Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor daily progress against established schedules
• Assist with the preparation of contracts and assist with the negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
• Coordinate and direct all construction workers on the worksite
• Schedule proper staffing levels onsite each day to ensure that the project is completed as scheduled
• Ensure that proper materials and quantities of materials are onsite each day prior to daily work commencing
• Verify the quantity of necessary personal protective equipment and the replacement of any equipment that is damaged or put out of service
• Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and report on construction progress
• Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner
• Develop and implement quality control programs
• Complete administrative duties onsite including timesheets, take offs, purchases, change requests, and daily logs, and any other documentation as required
• Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
• Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Ensure the overall safety of all workers onsite by performing regular checks and inspections during site visits
• Plan, implement, and monitor the construction plan, including all scheduling and logistics
• Organize and coordinate all subcontractor activities
• Ensure accurate and timely project close-out
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Training:
- BS Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
• Excellent project management skills
• Competencies surrounding building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
Experience and Expectation:
• Basic estimating skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other related systems.
• Proficiency and familiarity with a variety of roofing systems.
• Must be comfortable with heights and climbing of ladders, scaffolds, etc.