Cooks are responsible for performing a variety of preparation and cooking duties in a traditional institutional kitchen in accordance with production schedules, standardized recipes and standards in accordance with accepted safety and food handling policies and procedures with an overall focus towards implementing quality and quantity food standards and controls as established for the Food Services Department.
• Assist in the food preparation
• Supplementary baking of nourishment snack
• Participate in menu development
• Monitor food-waste and assist in changing production levels
• Display polite, spirit-of-service attitude towards customers and co-workers
• Maintain friendly, efficient and responsive attitude toward client and client’s customers/patients while performing job duties.
• Maintains established facility policies, procedures and objectives for quality assurance and safety
• Other related duties as required
• Food Safe Certificate
• WHMIS (Diversified Offers FREE WHMIS Certification)
• Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs (occasional to frequent), prolonged walking, standing, reaching
• Reliable, enthusiastic, able to prioritize, and to follow detailed instructions without direct supervision
• Reading and writing English fluently, and able to converse in English clearly
If interested call the industrial team at 403-237-5741 or stop by our office to between the hours of Mon-Fri 7am-6pm, Sat. 7am-3pm and Sun. 8am-4pm to complete an application.
Our address is as follows:
805 – 5th Avenue SW
We welcome all applications and thank you for applying, and will contact those candidates potentially suitable for the position.