Human Resources Manager
Diversified Staffing a leading staffing agency in Alberta, is currently recruiting a Human Resources Manager, this is a demanding role and requires the appropriate candidate to be prepared to meet a high level of expectation.
This position is safety sensitive and will require drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
- Support 8 HR advisors
- Manage the client group’s recruitment strategies and procedures ensuring positions are filled in a timely manner with quality candidates. Recommend strategies for sourcing candidates (recruitment firms, job fairs, etc).
- Work with People Services to implement opportunities for improvement with the onboarding process to ensure new employees are equipped with the required understanding of HR and HSE policies and procedures necessary to succeed in their roles.
- Responsible for the Performance Appraisal program for salary and hourly staff.
- Work with management teams to develop and deploy training programs to address talent gaps.
- Play a key role in driving and supporting the organization’s culture through effective change management initiatives.
- Provide employee relations support for an assigned client group, counseling managers on employee issues relating to conflict resolution, performance management, discipline, promotion, etc. seeking appropriate advice (e.g. termination, wrongful dismissal) and coaching managers to resolve complex situations along with the larger scale employee relations aspects of a change management program.
- Oversee talent management initiatives by managing employee termination, identifying key individuals within our company for succession planning and recognizing talent gaps within the existing employees.
- Provide guidance and support to the HR team and senior management on matters relating to employee complaints, including third-party complaints which may require liaising with internal and external legal counsel.
- Develop HR team members by supporting professional development, providing regular feedback to promote the utilization of best practices and completing annual performance reviews.
- Provide timely guidance, coaching and support to management and supervisory teams, aligned with HR policies and procedures, provincial employment legislation and Human Rights policies.
- Responsible for understanding the company Benefits Programs, in order to communicate appropriately to client group, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned accordingly.
- Proven understanding of a wide range of HR issues such as employee relations, training and development, succession planning and total compensation;
- An ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all divisions within the organization;
- Able to be an agent of change and create excitement around the growth and improvement within the HR department and organization;
- Very high integrity; widely respected as one who is absolutely ethical and trustworthy;
- Proven ability to influence managements to adopt recommended HR initiatives based on solid business case analyses
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must have investigation experience.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years progressive HR generalist experience in a management capacity.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources Management, Business Admin, Commerce, or Labour relations field.
- Previous experience in Hospitality; Construction or Camp and Catering industry
- CPHR designation preferred.