Diversified Staffing Services, a leading Staffing Agency in Alberta, is currently seeking an Apprentice Welder. Our client, located in Edmonton, requires an Apprentice Welder to begin working with them immediately on a full time assignment.
Duties will include the following:
- Set up Mig welder jig for correct sizing to ensure a flawless bead and strong metallic bond, identifying necessary material required for each work order.
- Follow standard welding practices and procedures and safety precautions to assemble and weld together steel or aluminum pieces to build cable tray or fittings
- Check welds for defects, and if defects are noted re-adjusts the welding machine and re-welds as needed, unloads cable tray from the jig once complete
- Maintains all welding machinery in good operating condition
- Involved with Lean initiatives as required
- Any additional tasks or duties contributing to the needs and goals of the company as required
- Valid Blue Book and Apprentice Welder certification
- 1 or more years experience in an industrial environment
- 1 or more years MIG Welding experience required with steel
- Certified training through a recognized Welding/Technical Institution